Thanksgiving day - a day for giving thanks, visiting with the family, and eating until you can't possibly move.
Did you know that average weight gain between Thanksgiving and New Years is between one and seven pounds? Seven pounds!! It doesn't seem possible but it happens.
The average Thanksgiving meal contains 3000 calories. That's between 500 and 1500 more calories than you need depending on your body and the amount of exercise you get. If you visit two or more family gatherings and eat all of the leftovers, it can really add up!
If you have a Candida overgrowth, Thanksgiving can also be a source of misery. The majority of those calories are from grains and sugars. This is an absolute feast for the yeast that is Candida albicans!!
In addition to feeling miserable from being stuffed, you might feel all of the Candida symptoms come back in their full ferocity. You may destroy weeks worth of work in one meal!!
So how do you enjoy Thanksgiving without feeding the Candida? It's not as difficult as you may think. Just try to limit or avoid the foods that feed Candida and eat healthy foods.
I've created two food lists for you: Thanksgiving foods to avoid while fighting Candida and healthy foods that you can eat. The reason you should avoid these foods is given in parenthesis.
Thanksgiving Foods to Avoid While Fighting Candida:
- Ham (sugar)
- White Potatoes - any form (converts to sugar)
- Pasta (grains)
- Stuffing (grains)
- Dressing (grains)
- Gravy (grains)
- Casserole (grains)
- Cornbread (grains)
- Candied Yams (sugar)
- Corn (grain)
- Salad Dressing (sugar and vinegar)
- Cranberries (sugar)
- Fruit (sugar)
- Pie (sugar)
- Cake (sugar)
- Pudding (sugar)
- Anything cooked in Corn Oil (grains)
Healthy Thanksgiving Foods to Eat While Fighting Candida:
- Pork (All except for ham)
- Chicken (Make any breading from coconut flour, amaranth flour, quinoa flour or buckwheat flour
- Sweet Potatoes (Bake and add butter)
- Gravy (Thicken with Arrow Root powder not flour)
- Biscuits (Use coconut flour, amaranth flour, quinoa flour or buckwheat flour)
- Pasta (Use Miracle Noodles)
- Salad (Use lemon juice and olive oil with added herbs as a dressing)
- Green Apples
- Cranberries (Sweeten with Lakanto, Stevia or
- Pie (Use coconut flour, amaranth flour, quinoa flour or buckwheat flour and Sweeten with Lakanto, Stevia or Xylitol)
- Cake (Use coconut flour, amaranth flour, quinoa flour or buckwheat flour and Sweeten with Lakanto, Stevia or Xylitol)
- Pudding (Sweeten with Lakanto, Stevia or Xylitol)
- Brussel Sprouts
- Green Beans
If you follow this advice, Thanksgiving can be a day of joy rather than a day of misery. You may be presented with foods that are not on either of these lists. In that case use your judgment. If they contain grains or sugar - try to avoid them.
Above all - Don't forget the
reason for the season. Expressing gratitude for what you have will bring about your cure quicker. Call it what you will - Karma, The Collective Unconsciousness, God or any other Supreme Being - expressing gratitude for what you have will bring you more good things in the future.
Expressing gratitude also releases endorphins. Endorphins are your bodies natural pain relievers which create a healing, relaxing situation for the whole body. They are also believed to cause stress relief, and help with digestion as well as mood. So be grateful and be healthy!
Here's to your health.
Copyright, Rodney Davidson, 2006
**This email does not take the place of professional medical advice. Always consult a
doctor before starting any Candida elimination program.**
This email is protected by copyright, 2006, Rodney Davidson. All rights reserved. Reproduction of any portion of this email is strictly prohibited without the express written consent of Rodney Davidson.
14671 N Court 5
Effingham, IL 62401
Phone: (217) 868-5968